The Bank is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Internal Audit Department.
Location: Head Office
Reporting To: Senior Manager Audit
Grade: BG 6
To conduct regular IT audits of the Bank's internal controls, operations, risk management and governance processes and report matters to Senior Manager Audit for further action.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit to develop the IT Audit plan as part of the Annual Audit Programme.
- Develop appropriate audit tests aimed at addressing identified IT risks and achieving the desired audit objectives to provide assurance that IT risks are effectively managed or mitigated.
- Conducts all assigned audits including planning, evaluating and documenting the results, reporting and follow up in accordance with the annual audit plan.
- Prepare clear and concise audit reports on audit findings, detected non-compliance with bank policies, guidelines, statutory requirements and procedures for discussion with management, and the Head of Internal Audit before final reports are issued for corrective action.
- Regional IT audit engagements: In liaison with Head of Internal Audit, develop a comprehensive assessment of IT risks at assigned Bank of Africa regional banks, plan and conduct IT audits accordingly.
- Follow up on all IT issues arising from audits and other inspections and secure compliance with the agreed recommendations within the relevant time frame.
- Conduct investigations into reported frauds and forgeries as may be assigned.
- Take a lead in supporting Internal Audit Department to optimize the use of Team Mate audit software by providing internal support services to all users when necessary.
- Exercise due professional care in performing audit work, including reviewing operating efficiency and making recommendations for cost reductions and earnings improvement.
- Continue professional development through self-training, participation in recommended courses and in-house training.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Information systems/Technology, computer science or related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years' Banking experience.
- Good understanding of IT systems.
- Possess technical knowledge in information systems (Particularly Networks, Databases, Operating systems and General computer applications).
Competences / Behaviours:
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- Commendable analytical skills in evaluating data and information.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Personal commitment to meet or exceed all targets and objectives.
- Utmost professional integrity.
Note: If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this role, please forward your Cover Letter and updated Curriculum Vitae to the Learning and Development Manager, on the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the Role in the subject line i.e. "IT Auditor". Your application should reach us not later than 5:30PM THURSDAY 13 APRIL 2017.