Influence more than just your career
Our Core Values
At BANK OF AFRICA, we value the energy and new perspectives that qualified hires bring into the business. We always look out for extraordinary individuals with diverse career backgrounds who can hit the ground running, introduce us to new ways of working and promote the vision of the business.
We have packed together a strong employee value proposition so you not only give us your best, but we too deliver to you a strong commitment to doing the same. We have designed a range of benefits intended to empower you and your family to live life to the fullest while you serve with the BANK OF AFRICA family.
- Wellness programs: Our wellness programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest – healthy and strong through our diverse program including health camps among others.
- Plan for the future: Building a new home, buying your first car. Whatever your goals are, we have plenty of ways to help you reach your goals.
- Take time away: Make the most of our generous leave days, study holidays to spend more time with family or pursue your interests outside of work.
- Continue your education: We'll help you find the resources you need to expand your knowledge on a variety of topics, stay current in your field, and continue to learn as your career progresses.
- Identify an opportunity that fits your profile
- Browse our open positions
- Check out the requirements
- Identify the roles that fits better with your previous experience, strengths & capabilities
- What the Job requires?
- Key Responsibilities: Area of expertise
- Previous work experience: years, function, background
- Educational requirements
- Qualifications: Technical or functional skills & core competencies
- Level of responsibility
- Self-Assessment: Analyze your background vs. the job requirements
- Do a critical analysis on your strengths and opportunity areas in order to compare them against the job description.
- Defining what you have: your competencies & style
- Are we right for you?
- Learn more about our culture: mission vision and values and compare towards your needs and values
- Identify why you want to work for BANK OF AFRICA
- Now you are ready to decide to:
- Apply: we highly suggest you to select & apply to the job which most appropriately matches your qualifications.
- Size: No more than five pages unless necessary
- Selling message where you describe briefly what you are looking for (include areas of interest) & what you offer (include areas, years of expertise, strengths).
- Last formal education, dates & degree.
- Labor experience: company, position, period of time, functions, accomplishments
- Proficient skills, competencies mastered
- Strengths or developed skills
- Be yourself: Acknowledge your passion, aptitudes, experience and learning; identify your strengths and identify how you can leverage all your personal brand to be successful at BANK OF AFRICA.
- Explore our business, performance and way of working: Research thoroughly the company. Doing your homework to find out all you can about the company and/or the position.
- Leverages the experience:
- Take this opportunity to bring any questions that are important to you to be answered in the interview.
- Be sure to be on time, know who will interview you & with whom you need to be announced.
- Arrive with confidence, be yourself and use your experience stories in STAR format to illustrate your talents.
- Be prepared:
- Understand the requirements of the position you are seeking, and closely examine how your skills and abilities support that position.
- Then think of specific experiences you have had that are relevant to the position’s requirements. When you are formulating your specific experience stories, use the acronym of “STAR ” to help you:
S/T = (Situation or Task) explains the circumstances or the background
A = (Action) Describes the specific action that you took
R = (Result) Conveys the outcome of your action (use measurable terms)
- Write down a number of specific & practical experience stories in STAR format providing recent & relevant examples based on the different job requirements or skill sets of the job which you are applying.
Department: Operations Department
Reports to: Senior Infrastructure Administrator
Position supervised: None
- Setup, install and configure all ICT network related equipments and accessories.
- Update and secure the network against viruses and other threats.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware failures, network operating system problems and other LAN/WAN/MAN related malfunctions.
- Assist users in identifying bottlenecks in their processes and suggest ways of removing the bottlenecks.
- Carry out and monitor all Online and offline installations and connection to the bank’s network for both remote and internal users.
- Process end of day and end of month in IGOR, SMR. Ensure ATMs are connected 99.9% of the time and all Daily reports are sent to the recipients at end of day processing.
- Maintain inventory of IT related equipment.
- Liaise with the ICT Manager to ensure that all IT related equipment and network operating systems operate to specifications and arrange for the servicing of IT equipment as per existing AMCs or checkup incase of failure.
- Ensure Disaster recovery testing is done on schedule and all failover links are monitored to guarantee performance incase one fails.
- Expeditiously handle help desk issues by checking on the helpdesk software and distribute tasks to the Department members and Communicate results to the ICT Manager.
- Monitor Operations of the LAN & WAN and maintain the performance sheet for all core banking applications/Network devices and give summary report to ICT Manager at the End of each Week and prepare monthly statistical report.
- Advise the ICT Manager on the latest Network technology that can be of importance in the improvement of the Network infrastructure at BANK OF AFRICA - UGANDA Ltd
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Information and Communications Technology Manager or Head of Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information technology / Computer Science.
- Additional Certification in ACCNA, MCSE, CISA or any other related qualifications.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in network administration or any related field in ICT.
IT Support Officer – E Channels
Department: Operations Department (ICT)
Reports to: Senior Systems Administrator
Position supervised: None
- To provide support with analysis of user requirements for ICT related solutions.
- To provide support for the development of ICT and automation solutions with regard to business requirements.
- To provide support for data-mining and report generation.
- To provide support for E Channels systems
- Engage with E Channels related vendors and support providers.
- To provide technical support; answering and fixing queries via phone, email and feedback management system.
- To maintain a high degree of staff support for all ICT related queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- To allocate more complex calls to the relevant Senior Administrators.
- In liaison with other ICT staff, arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- Perform end of day processes and ensure all necessary daily management reports are processed and sent to DTC members by 7:30am.
- Ensure documentation is maintained and filling is properly managed.
- Perform any other duties as will be assigned to you from time to time by the Senior Manager ICT.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Senior Legal Officer – Litigation
Department: Company Secretarial
Reports to: Company Secretary
Position supervised: None
- Review ongoing legal cases and advise the Company Secretary/ Legal Manager/Management of the Bank accordingly.
- Upon receipt of court documentation, carry out the required action in accordance with court instructions and timescales. This may include; investigating and gathering evidence to prepare to file a defence or opinion to Management through the Company Secretary/Legal Manager on the case, settlement plans, withdrawing the claims and recommending cases for External handling.
- Ensure that approval is sought from Management prior to outsourcing any court file to an external lawyer.
- Monitor and review progress of outstanding Bank litigation and liaise with and manage the Bank’s external lawyers.
- Monitor compliance of Service Level Agreements for legal services, review performance of the external lawyers and accordingly advise on their retention.
- Represent the Bank and where applicable the Bank staff in Courts of law;
- Monitor the progress of Bank court cases and ensuring that the cases are fast tracked for closure;
- Keep track and manage custody of the Bank legal documents, correspondences and external lawyer’s fee notes;
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on outstanding litigation.
- Arrange meetings with external lawyers and prepare minutes for the said meetings.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on Bank operational matters.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements, laws, regulations to staff so as to ensure compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Attend and appear at Police stations and Court premises or take part in mediation sessions as a Bank representative to answer questions about any claim for and against the Bank and/or Bank staff;
- To secure compliance of the Bank business operations with relevant laws and regulations.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating of contracts and agreements between the Bank and service providers and/or customers.
- Contributing to maintaining a high-performance culture, meeting goals and objectives and adhering to approved budgets to ensure that departmental milestones/KPIs are met.
- Periodically assesses the Legal Policy and Procedures and advise Management on improvements.
- Perform other duties assigned as required by your Supervisor or Management of the Bank.
- LLB undergraduate degree, a diploma in legal practice and in possession of a valid practicing certificate;
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Enrolled advocate of the High Court of Uganda.
- At least 5 years’ experience in court litigation and debt recovery preferably in the financial industry;
- Strong knowledge of the relevant legal and financial regulatory framework in Uganda;
- Grasp and interpretation of industrial and national economic trends.