Influence more than just your career
Our Core Values
At BANK OF AFRICA, we value the energy and new perspectives that qualified hires bring into the business. We always look out for extraordinary individuals with diverse career backgrounds who can hit the ground running, introduce us to new ways of working and promote the vision of the business.
We have packed together a strong employee value proposition so you not only give us your best, but we too deliver to you a strong commitment to doing the same. We have designed a range of benefits intended to empower you and your family to live life to the fullest while you serve with the BANK OF AFRICA family.
- Wellness programs: Our wellness programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest – healthy and strong through our diverse program including health camps among others.
- Plan for the future: Building a new home, buying your first car. Whatever your goals are, we have plenty of ways to help you reach your goals.
- Take time away: Make the most of our generous leave days, study holidays to spend more time with family or pursue your interests outside of work.
- Continue your education: We'll help you find the resources you need to expand your knowledge on a variety of topics, stay current in your field, and continue to learn as your career progresses.
- Identify an opportunity that fits your profile
- Browse our open positions
- Check out the requirements
- Identify the roles that fits better with your previous experience, strengths & capabilities
- What the Job requires?
- Key Responsibilities: Area of expertise
- Previous work experience: years, function, background
- Educational requirements
- Qualifications: Technical or functional skills & core competencies
- Level of responsibility
- Self-Assessment: Analyze your background vs. the job requirements
- Do a critical analysis on your strengths and opportunity areas in order to compare them against the job description.
- Defining what you have: your competencies & style
- Are we right for you?
- Learn more about our culture: mission vision and values and compare towards your needs and values
- Identify why you want to work for BANK OF AFRICA
- Now you are ready to decide to:
- Apply: we highly suggest you to select & apply to the job which most appropriately matches your qualifications.
- Size: No more than five pages unless necessary
- Selling message where you describe briefly what you are looking for (include areas of interest) & what you offer (include areas, years of expertise, strengths).
- Last formal education, dates & degree.
- Labor experience: company, position, period of time, functions, accomplishments
- Proficient skills, competencies mastered
- Strengths or developed skills
- Be yourself: Acknowledge your passion, aptitudes, experience and learning; identify your strengths and identify how you can leverage all your personal brand to be successful at BANK OF AFRICA.
- Explore our business, performance and way of working: Research thoroughly the company. Doing your homework to find out all you can about the company and/or the position.
- Leverages the experience:
- Take this opportunity to bring any questions that are important to you to be answered in the interview.
- Be sure to be on time, know who will interview you & with whom you need to be announced.
- Arrive with confidence, be yourself and use your experience stories in STAR format to illustrate your talents.
- Be prepared:
- Understand the requirements of the position you are seeking, and closely examine how your skills and abilities support that position.
- Then think of specific experiences you have had that are relevant to the position’s requirements. When you are formulating your specific experience stories, use the acronym of “STAR ” to help you:
S/T = (Situation or Task) explains the circumstances or the background
A = (Action) Describes the specific action that you took
R = (Result) Conveys the outcome of your action (use measurable terms)
- Write down a number of specific & practical experience stories in STAR format providing recent & relevant examples based on the different job requirements or skill sets of the job which you are applying.
Head of Human Resources
- Strategic HR Leadership:
- Develop and execute HR strategies that align with the Bank's overall business objectives.
- Provide strategic guidance to senior management on human capital issues and workforce planning.
- Talent Acquisition and Management:
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process to attract top talent in the banking industry.
- Implement effective onboarding programs and talent development initiatives.
- Employee Relations:
- Foster a positive workplace culture that promotes employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Handle employee relations matters, ensuring fair and consistent application of policies and procedures.
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Design and manage competitive compensation and benefits programs.
- Conduct regular market analysis to ensure the Bank’s compensation packages remain competitive.
- Training and Development:
- Implement training and development programs to enhance the skills and capabilities of the Bank’s workforce.
- Identify and address skills gaps to support career growth and succession planning.
- HR Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable labour laws and regulations.
- Stay informed about industry trends and changes in HR best practices.
- Performance Management:
- Implement and oversee performance management processes to drive high performance. ∙ Provide coaching and guidance to managers on performance-related issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. Master's degrees and HR certifications provide added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive HR leadership experience, preferably in the banking or financial services industry.
- Strong knowledge of HR principles, employment legislation, and industry best practices.
- Proven experience in talent acquisition, employee relations, and organizational development.
- Strategic vision: Demonstrate business acumen, strategic thinking, and global perspective to align HR strategies with organizational goals.
- Data-informed decision-making: Utilize data analytics and technology for evidence-based decision-making, risk management, and competitive intelligence.
- Change and talent management: Navigate change effectively, engage in talent planning, succession planning, and collaborate with leadership for organizational agility.
- Effective communication: Communicate HR initiatives strategically, ensuring alignment with overall organizational strategies and fostering understanding.
- Ethical leadership and adaptability: Integrate ethical considerations into HR strategies, stay agile in dynamic environments, and demonstrate ethical leadership.
Sr. Marketing & Communications OfficerDepartment: Marketing and Product Development
- Provide first level support and coordination of all the Bank’s communications with media houses, marketing and publicity firms and other prospective marketing partners / suppliers of the Bank
- Take the lead in the coordination and execution of any BANK OF AFRICA in Uganda events / initiatives relating to marketing, sales, public relations and corporate social responsibility etc, ensuring proper coordination of suppliers and participants on the ground, crowd management and security, brand visibility, among other things.
- Liaise with Sales Coordination and segments in planning and implementing market activations; ensuring the proper planning, allocation and monitoring of resources provided from marketing.
- Take direct custody and accountability for all marketing assets / branding material; ensuring their proper documentation, storage and control in implementation of the Bank’s programmes.
- Complete regular briefs about ‘BANK OF AFRICA in Uganda in the news’ and other relevant developments in the marketing, industrial and economic space that carry informative / educational value.
- Gather all necessary documentation and follow up to ensure accurate and timely payment of suppliers.
- Provide formally written feedback to all stakeholders seeking sponsorships or donations from the Bank
- Review logs for advertising time to ensure accuracy and compliance to contract terms and raise any anomalies for timely redress.
- Collaborate with branches and other stakeholders to achieve and maintain the expected ‘look and feel’ standards, while reviewing and monitoring internal / external visibility, and implementing corrective measures in accordance with the BOA brand standards.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in Banking
- Knowledge of the Bank’s Policies, Processes and Procedures relating to products and Brand
- Knowledge of the Bank’s business model, its strategy and all of its products and services
- Good sense of customer behaviour and solid grasp and interpretation of the market environment.
- CIM qualified professionals
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Self-organization and task effectiveness
- Planning and coordination skills
- Customer centricity and a passion for the BOA brand
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to build relationships inside and outside the Bank
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Relationship Manager – Agence EliteDepartment: Retail Banking
- Manage, expand and develop customer portfolios of the centre
- Constantly explore the enhancement of the bank’s brand name so that the bank holds out to the target markets as one of the best in the Elite field in terms of service, innovation and customer awareness/responsiveness.
- To on-board, nurture and sustain new Elite relationships that have the potential to grow and provide superior returns.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of customer service in order to maximise the returns from existing relationships and attract new business from targeted customers.
- Negotiate and sell products and services adapted to customer requirements in line with the Private Banking strategy
- Monitor risk and ensure debt collection
- Improve and update existing and prospective customer database
- Provide necessary advice, information and support to all customers to meet both their internal and external expectations
- Understand the geographical sector of the centre and be aware of its commercial potential
- Analyze the environmental factors affecting the centre and its competition
- Periodically analyze the customer base of the branch and portfolio
- Ensure weekly sales plans are in place
- Follow up achievements day in and day out (prospective customer/actual customer interviews and sales)
- Report activities and achievements each week (actual and prospective customer visits) to the Manager Agence Elite
- Analyze personal achievements with the Relationship Manager and define an action plan and corrective actions
- Handle temporary OD requests and customers' unpaid cheques
- Monitors risk and ensures debt collection
- Ensure follow-up of maturity dates (Term Deposits including Credit facilities )
- Customer Management, Retention and Acquisition
- Account opening, credit applications and executing customer requests and instructions in a timely manner.
- Handle requests and issue interim and visa statements, ATM cards, saving cards and chequebooks to customers.
- Selling of bank products and services in order to achieve set targets.
- Plan and make visits to targeted customers and prospects in line with BOA Sales practices and guidelines and ensure an optimized transformation rate
- Offer After-sales and advisory services to customers and prospective clients through growth and retention strategies crowned with courteous service.
- Collect loan documents in compliance with procedures
- Collect, process and follow up on customer complaints and provide feedback to customers
- Participate in marketing campaigns and mass events
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies or related discipline
Skills and experience
- Good banking knowledge
- Good market practice knowledge
- Excellent planning, organisation and execution skills
- Computer literate and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Product knowledge
- 5 years experience in Banking/Marketing/Sales
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Negotiation and influential skills
- Team player
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Decision-making skills